Parish-wide book study of James Bryan Smith’s The Good and Beautiful God for
the Epiphany season.
Father Patrick is excited to invite you to a nine week book study. The sermon from the Third Sunday of Advent gives an invitation and overview.
Here are the groups:
- Mondays (starting January 10th) from 7 to 8:15 PM via Zoom (facilitated by Mother Susan)
- Thursdays (starting January 6th) from 6:15 to 7:30 PM in-person (masks required) in the Parish Hall (facilitated by Father Patrick)
(starting January 6th) from 6:15 to 7:30 PM via Zoom (facilitated by Sue Savarese)
At the very least, we encourage everyone in the parish to read the book.
Please RSVP to Father Patrick. If the price of the book would be a barrier, please let me know, and we’ll make sure you get a copy.
Christian Formation - Adult Education
Sundays at 9:15 - 10:15 a.m. in the Parish Hall
(masks are required)
- January 9, 2022: Christ Church Campus Task Force
- January 16, 23 & 30, 2022: Theology for Everyone presented by The Rev. Dean Borgman
- January 16: New Approaches to Theology
- January 23: Tackling Controversies of Theology
- January 30: Deeper Benefits from Theology
- February 6, 2022: Essex County Community Organization
Dr. Jack Davis presented a three-part series on “Three Great Mysteries of Our Christian Faith: the Holy Spirit; the Trinity; and the Incarnation.”
- December 5th: “What Do We Really Need to Know about the Holy Spirit?”
- December 12th: “What Do We Really Need to Know about the Trinity?”
- December 19th: “What Do We Really Need to Know about the Incarnation?”
These sessions will explore
the biblical foundations of these important truths, some of the barriers and
misunderstandings about them in church history, and practical ways of enhancing
our personal spiritual experience in worship and daily
life. Dr. Davis is the Andrew Mutch Distinguished
Professor of Theology at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, and his most
recent book is Practicing the Ordinary Supernatural Presence of God (Cascade
Weekly Drop-in Fellowship Opportunities
Men's L.I.F.E. (Living in Fellowship Everyday) Group Zoom
Contact Paul Mason